About the organisation
When it comes to our environment, the Australian Conservation Foundation has been leading the way in protecting our living world for over half a century.
We are the national environment organisation committed to caring for Australia’s unique and beautiful wildlife and natural world. We’re inclusive, non-partisan and funded by the Australian community.
Whether it’s advocating for the Great Barrier Reef, koalas snoozing in big old trees or for strong climate action, our dedicated community of over 700,000 supporters are constantly working to create a world where forests, rivers, people, and wildlife thrive.
About the role
- Apply your exceptional relationship building and major gift fundraising skills to contribute to ending climate damage with Australia’s national environment organisation
- Permanent full-time position with a salary of $104,882 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation and some of the best working conditions in the country!
- Located in Melbourne (Wurundjeri Country) with flexibility to work from home and our beautiful office on the edge of the CBD.
With the planet in a climate and extinction crisis, we are embarking on an ambitious campaign to double annual fundraising revenue over the next 5 years to ensure ACF can have maximum impact during this critical decade.
To deliver this bold goal, the Philanthropy Team has been tasked with a significant uplift in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding ACF’s major donors.
Responsible for creating and enhancing the development of long-term relationships with ACF’s major donors in Victoria, as well as Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia, the Philanthropy Executive will identify and acquire new major donors as well as steward and upgrade the current portfolio.
The successful candidate will increase major gift income by identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts in excess of $5,000 p.a. from a constituent base of individuals, trusts and foundations and a growing number of corporates. This income enables ACF’s advocacy work to reduce climate damage and protect nature.
You’re an engaging and inspiring fundraiser who is dedicated to making the world a better place, driven to succeed and can operate seamlessly in complex fluid situations.
You have highly developed interpersonal skills and know what it takes to build trusting relationships, bring people along and personally solicit and secure five figure transformational and multi-year gifts.
You’re self-motivated, goal-driven and can demonstrate high levels of initiative, autonomy, and accountability. Having previous experience and success in similar roles, you understand that confidentiality and integrity are paramount, along with ensuring all your interactions as are professional and respectful.
Finally, you love nature and you’re excited to bring your skills and experience to support the amazing work ACF is doing to change the story, build people power and fix the system so we can keep on enjoying life in this beautiful country.
Why work for us?
You’ll do important work with one of Australia’s most impactful organisations, and with our world-class organisational culture and great team, we guarantee you’ll have fun along the way.
ACF is proud to offer our staff a supportive workplace with excellent conditions, including:
- Genuine flexibility in working hours and the opportunity to work regularly from home
- Four weeks of annual leave a year plus an additional three days off over the Christmas / New Year period
- Thirty days of personal leave a year (pro-rata) available to use immediately upon commencement
- Superannuation contribution of 10.5%
- Access to Long Service Leave after five years of continuous service
- Eighteen weeks paid parental leave for parents (regardless of who is the birth parent) after 12 months of service
- Ongoing professional development opportunities tailored to your individual career goals
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing support
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Executive via Pro Bono Australia.