About the organisation
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting the accessibility, quality of service, affordability and availability of communications services for all Australian consumers.
About the role
- High-profile consumer body
- Communications industry
- Hybrid work environment (office and/or home office)
This is a great opportunity for a Policy Officer to join our small, but highly effective, team. Reporting to our Policy Manager, you will hit the ground running and take carriage of a wide range of communications consumer policy initiatives.
Your interest and knowledge in communications issues, as well as excellent analytical and stakeholder liaison skills, will be the key to your success in this role. Your capacity for strategic issues management will ensure that ACCAN remains dynamic and responsive to emerging issues. You are committed to consumer rights and have a passion for social justice and fair markets.
You should have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a communications policy role.
Essential Skills for position
- An understanding of communications consumer policy issues generally, or the capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge
- A commitment to the effective representation of consumers
- Knowledge of public policy processes
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- An academic background in public policy/social sciences/law/telecommunications related disciplines
Desired Skills for position
- Knowledge and experience of working in the community sector
- Understanding of the needs of people with disabilities
- An understanding of the Australian Consumer Law and consumer rights
Benefits & Remuneration
Salary is negotiable depending on your experience and qualifications. Please contact ACCAN Policy Manager on 9288 4000 or email@example.com for more details. In support of a work/life balance, benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
Closing Date: 30 May 2022
A position description, including selection criteria, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter identifying the position, and addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, Monday 30 May 2022.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.