About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
Our Headspace team in Port Macquarie, NSW in the beautiful Hastings Valley, is growing and we are looking for a Practice Nurse to join our team!
This part-time 3 days/week (0.6FTE) opportunity is available until 30 June 2023, with the possibility of extension.
If you hold a degree in Nursing with current unrestricted AHPRA Nurses Registration, have experience in providing mental health care to young people, enjoy collaborating with other professionals, and want to make an impact, you might be exactly the person we’re looking for!
What you’ll be doing
As part of our Headspace team at Port Macquarie, you will make a huge difference to young people, ages 12-25, experiencing a range of life-challenging issues.
As the Practice Nurse you will:
- Work independently, and at the direction of the headspace GP, to provide holistic, evidence-based care to clients and assist in the collection of information for Mental Health Care Plans,
- Support the Headspace GP with patient assessments, immunisations, care plans, and common health assessments,
- Provide education, advice, and support for a range of health issues impacting young people ages 12-25,
- Assist with small procedures, wound care, and chronic disease management plans, and
- Support transgender presentation in consultation with a medical officer in assessment, case management, and referral as required.
- Experience in the provision of client-centred nursing care,
- Experience in providing mental health care to young people experiencing mental health difficulties and/or substance use problems, including:
- the completion of mental health assessments,
- crisis intervention, and
- short-term treatment interventions,
- 3 years of post-graduate experience in General Practice or Community Health as a Practice Nurse or a similar role.
Mandatory Qualification/s, Competencies and/or Licences
- Degree in Nursing with current unrestricted AHPRA Nurses Registration
- Venepuncture accreditation or willingness to obtain within 3 months,
- Recognised Immunisation accreditation and Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) provider number or willingness to obtain within 6 months, and
- Completion of a Criminal History Check and Employee Working with Children Check (or State equivalent) prior to commencement of employment and as required by legislation and policy during employment, as well as a duty to disclose relevant information that may arise after employment has commenced.
Highly regarded Qualifications and/or Certifications
- Postgraduate qualifications in primary care, community nurses, and general practice are also desirable.
Who you’ll be working with
Our team at Headspace has a shared purpose and commitment to making support available to those who need it. Our team is made up of Social Workers, Provisional Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists/Psychologists, and registered nurses specialising in:
- adjustment-related disorders,
- young people between the ages of 12 – 25,
- life-balance related stress and/or anxiety issues,
- trauma-related disorders, and
- depressional-related disorders.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our team. At Headspace you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you
- An inclusive and supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Opportunities for internal career progression from Melbourne to Ipswich
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging
- Professional support and supervision
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop.
How to apply
We’d like to learn more about you and what you can bring to this role, our team, and our community.
Please attach a cover letter with your resume and apply online via our Careers Centre. If you’d like more information about the position, please contact David Rogers on 0421 388 166.
Applications close Monday 23 May at 11:59 PM.
**Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Candidates may be contacted during the advertising period.**
Please quote in application: Practice Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Health_–_General, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People