About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
Who we’re looking for
As part of our headspace Casey/Cardinia and Narre Warren South P-12 College partnership, EACH is looking for a passionate Psychologist to provide mental state, risk & discipline-specific assessments, and individual counselling to students on campus.
You will have:
- A Bachelor in Psychology or minimum provisional registration with APHRA.
- An understanding of school culture, the educational system and the challenging problems facing young people
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of effective evidence-based treatment for children and adolescents
- An ability to collaborate effectively with young people, families, colleagues, stakeholders and other service providers
- A high level of accountability and self-management, and enjoy working collaboratively with team members to deliver positive outcomes for clients
If you are excited to work within a leading school in the East with fresh innovative leadership while being supported by a high-functioning and engaging headspace team, then you might be exactly who we are looking for!
This role will be offered on an ongoing part-time (.8FTE or 30.4 hrs per week) basis.
What you’ll be doing
The purpose of this role is to work in collaboration with the Narre Warren South P-12 College Wellbeing team and staff to best support students that are experiencing mental health issues. You will manage referrals through the the wellbeing team and provide clinical assessment, ongoing therapeutic services (caseload), care planning and support to students going to the College. In addition, you will facilitate access to appropriate services (including headspace centres Narre Warren & Pakenham) as indicated by assessment and care planning processes.
Your role will be co-located at the school to provide secondary consultations to carers and staff to support young people, as well as having an opportunity to provide professional development to staff.
Who you’ll be working with
The role reports through to the headspace School Services Senior Clinician/Coordinator for Casey Cardinia, and headspace oversees the effective operational, clinical governance of the role and provides support for any queries or guidance.
You will work with the Head of Wellbeing at Narre Warren South P-12 College for the day to day running of the role on campus, with the opportunity to work alongside other members of the school leadership team and external health professionals/services when necessary.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our team. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best.
- Internal professional development calendar
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance
- Engaging, inclusive supportive team
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop
- Novated leasing arrangements
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist | headspace & Narre Warren South P-12 College via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People