About the organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing, and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral, and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong, and Ringwood.
About the role
This is a key executive leadership role reporting to the General Manager Direct Services. The Manager Northern Region is a member of the Foundation House Executive team (known as the Agency Management Team) and contributes to the development and implementation of organisational strategy and policy.
The Manager Northern Region is responsible for the effective delivery of specialist trauma informed and trauma focussed client services across the northern region of Melbourne by providing leadership and clinical expertise in the delivery of therapeutic interventions at the individual, family and group levels, and contributing to community and service system capacity building in collaboration with other programs across Foundation House. These services will be aligned with the VFST Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model (ITRSM), VFST Trauma Recovery Framework as described in Rebuilding Shattered Lives (2nd ed), VFST Strategic Plan and will meet the National Standards for Mental Health Services (2010).
Reporting to the General Manager Direct Services, and working in partnership with the rest of the Agency Management Team, the Manager Northern Region will:
- Work closely with their leadership team to ensure the delivery of safe, effective, connected and person-centred therapeutic services for everybody, every time.
- Achieve key deliverables and targets as detailed in the strategic plan and contractual arrangements with funders.
- Manage and develop the staff team in the region (approximately 40 staff).
- Ensure all staff have a safe and supportive workplace environment.
- Manage the regional budget and actively contribute to budget variance reporting and budget development.
You have expert knowledge and experience in working with trauma survivors, and understanding of the psychosocial impact of trauma on individuals, families and communities particularly with people from refugee or similar backgrounds.
You have demonstrated capacity to lead your staff to provide therapeutic assessment and interventions to clients with complex needs.
With outstanding interpersonal skills, you have a clear commitment to developing and strengthening relationships with key partners, referrers, service providers, community organisations, clients and client communities across the Northern metropolitan region.
Finally, you bring a collegial, ethical approach to your contribution as a member of the Agency Management Team, a commitment to human rights, and a willingness to be involved in advocacy work on behalf of our clients and the organisation as a representative of Foundation House.
This role is a full time, permanent position, and a generous salary and benefits including 5 weeks annual leave, salary packaging, leave loading, and onsite parking will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with experience, skill level, and qualifications.
Conditional employment requirements
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Occasional travel to head office
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the health orders from the Victorian Minister for Health, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Order 2022, Foundation House must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, including the third vaccination. If you are successful in gaining employment with Foundation House you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination for work at our sites.
How to apply
Applications for this position close Sunday 22 May 2022
Applicants must submit their resume and address the key selection criteria (KSC) contained in the Position Description. Please ensure you submit your responses to the KSC as part of your cover letter as you can only upload two documents.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Kylie Scoullar on 0410 585 452.
Foundation House is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and actively plays a part in combating family violence; this is reflected in our organisational policies, protocols and staff development.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer, and we foster a work environment that is inclusive and diverse. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, particularly those of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive impartial consideration for employment.
Please quote in application: Regional Manager - Counselling/mental health/refugee via Pro Bono Australia.