About the organisation
About the role
We are expanding our team and looking for a professional Saver Plus Coordinators with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a maximum term full-time basis until 30 June 2023, with the possibility of extension, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Financial Inclusion department is committed to innovation and developing new models for tackling financial exclusion which can be replicated by other community organisations and further the policy debate about financial inclusion. The Financial Inclusion department understands that, given appropriate support, people on low incomes can thrive – they can save, build assets and repay debt.
The Saver Plus Coordinator is vital in managing and facilitating one of our most valuable programs – Saver Plus. The Saver Plus Coordinator works in a team to support lower-income adults to establish a savings habit, build their financial knowledge and skills, and save for their children’s or their own education. The program is delivered virtually over the phone and via Teams/Zoom.
A day in the life of a Saver Plus Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Conducting meetings with potential Saver Plus participants to assess their eligibility and capacity to develop a savings goal along with developing a budget
- Database management
- Follow up with participants to provide support during their savings journey
- Supporting the MoneyMinded financial education workshops
- Supporting promoting the Saver Plus program to referral networks
- Submit written reports
- Respond to emails and phone messages
- Working on continuous improvement initiatives with your team and partner organisation colleagues
The role will require occasional evening and weekend work.
Salary will be in the range of $74,531.95- $80,194.32 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be one of our Saver Plus Coordinators you need to have the ability to work effectively and creatively within program parameters under the direction of program leaders. You will have experience being an effective team member working to achieve common program goals. You will be fantastic with people, be outcomes focussed and reflective for continuous improvement. You care – lots – and radiate confidence and belief in the Saver Plus program, with a positive, can-do attitude.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Experience working in a similar role, establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with local community networks
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating or delivering training to diverse audiences (individuals and groups)
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to work with limited direction and as an effective team member to achieve outcomes
- Proven ability to work remotely and support stakeholders both virtually and digitally with a strong command of digital platforms, programs and practices
- Understanding of the issues associated with social and financial exclusion in Australia and familiarity with programs which seek to address these
- Good attention to detail as well as proven experience in maintaining accurate records in a timely manner
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood networks.
- Demonstrated experience in or understanding of the Saver Plus Program
- Current Victorian driver’s license
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Jasmine Duong on 0491 157 166 for a confidential discussion.
Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible via MS Teams.
To view the Position Description to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Monday 23 May 2022 at 11:55 PM
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Saver Plus Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People