About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role
About the opportunity
The Senior Manager, Youth, Parenting & Family is responsible for the provision of leadership for Managers, Team Leaders and other direct reports with accountability for the overall strategic management, performance and budgets of the program area. The role also works together with the leadership team across the programs to establish priorities and goals which align with the Uniting Strategic Plan and operational plan objectives.
As the Portfolio Lead, the Senior Manager has responsibilities across the Program stream, Communities of Practice and Project Management. Central to this position is building positive and lasting relationships with funding bodies, partner organisations, the broader community and Uniting Church Presbyteries and Congregations
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor level in relevant professional discipline (required)
- Masters level in management or equivalent (preferred)
- Management experience of 3 years or more and demonstrated ability to lead successful teams achieve outcomes.
- Evidence of high level financial and budget management skills.
- Knowledge of community networks and external bodies and ability to utilise them to support and enhance both services and opportunities for stakeholders.
- Ability to lead by example; fostering open, respectful dialogue and diversity of thought and collaboration within and across teams to build a highly engaged workforce.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 25 May 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Judy Walsh, Acting Group Manager – Child, Youth and Family (North West) on 0448 446 216
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Manager - Youth, Parenting & Family via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People