About the organisation
Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Manager Community Safety Program and the Manager Youth, Sport and Recreation to implement and maintain effective programs in keeping with the objectives and funding agreements of each program.
- Supervise and build the capacity of local staff to support and run each program. Assist with the recruitment and induction of staff into each program.
- Prepare weekly rosters and work schedules for each program.
- Ensure that the infrastructure and assets for each program are used, monitored and maintained to the required Council standard.
- Ensure that program data is collected for each program as required and provide accurate and timely program reports to management, including Work Health and Safety reports and service delivery performance reports.
- Ensure all staff working in each program operate in a safe workplace in compliance with Council policy and legislation.
- Engage in an effective and proactive health, safety and wellbeing culture, including effectively responding and where possible resolving issues arise that may affect the safety of staff or program clients.
- Follow program guidelines and work instructions as determined by the Manager Community Safety and the Manager Children’s and Youth Services.
- Effectively contribute as a member of a team in the Central Desert Regional Council and promote a safe and harmonious work environment.
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by either the Manager Children’s and Youth Services or the Manager Community Safety.
Whats on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $78,569.33 salary ($70,139.74) including,
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
- 15% loading on ordinary hours worked
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
About the role
Council is currently seeking an adventurous, highly motivated and multi-skilled Team Leader for our Youth, Sport & Recreation program and Community Safety Patrol in the Ti Tree & Engawala communities.
The Team Leader is responsible for planning and supervising dynamic and creative youth, sport and recreation programs that foster wellbeing, inclusion and leadership along with providing support and guidance to the Community Safety Patrol team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their creativity and flair for developing strong collaborative relationships as they positively contribute to the lives of young people and adults living in remote Central Australia.
How to apply
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package here and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Youth and Community Safety via Pro Bono Australia.