About the organisation
About the role
- Fixed-Term contract until 30th June 2023
- 0.8 ETF
- Footscray location
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we’re passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we’re serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better-performing organisation.
We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
We’re committed to enabling staff’s full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
This position sits within the Justice Response cluster and supports the Victims Assistance Program (VAP) offers specialist responses to victims of crime, including intake and brief intervention, case management, (brokered) counselling services, and community education. Practice is evidence and trauma-informed and client-focussed. VAP staff work across locations in Melbourne’s west, with successful co-locations with police in three areas and an intake hub in Maribyrnong. Clients are from the whole of the Western Region.
This role was developed in response to the significant growth in VAP agencies assisting family violence victims as demand for services increased and referrals from specialist family violence services continued to grow. The roles were also created in recognition of the importance of having family violence specialists within VAP services to provide best practice support for victims of family violence, as well as enabling secondary consultation for non-specialist family violence workers within VAPs to further support their work with victims
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
Our ideal candidate:
- Proven capacities to work effectively with people impacted by family violence, including male victims and their children;
- Demonstrated capacity to conduct risk assessments using the MARMM framework and safety planning for women and children and understanding of the FVISS and the CISS.
- High-Level understanding of the impact of trauma and ability to use trauma-informed practice interventions;
- High level of understanding of how Family violence affects children and young people
- Well-developed capacity for assessment and formulation toward client-centred care planning
- A sensitivity to and understanding of clients’ needs from diverse backgrounds.
- Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Participation in the Disability Exclusion Scheme
- Victoria Police Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Hold a Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent qualification, or…
- Be working towards meeting the new mandatory minimum qualification policy requirement, via one of the available employment pathways.
How to apply
To apply for this job go to: https://cohealthcareers.org.au/CurrentJobs & enter ref code: 5903420.
OR Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page.
You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.
Please quote in application: Victims Assistance Program Family Violence Practice Lead via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #DomesticFamily_Violence