About the organisation
About the ANZSGM
The ANZSGM is the peak professional society for geriatricians and other medical practitioners with an interest in the medical care of older people.
ANZSGM sets, promotes and continuously improves the standards of clinical practice in geriatrics throughout Australia and New Zealand. The Society is the chief advocacy group for the profession and aims to facilitate training and professional development and improve medical practice to enhance the quality of care for our patients.
We support the needs of geriatricians in Australia and New Zealand to help them provide the best possible care to older people. Our focus is on education and policy development. We also advocate to government for improvement and innovation in aged care medical services and for the professional needs of geriatricians. ANZSGM members represent the organisation on committees and advisory groups whose purpose is to shape the future of older people across Australia and New Zealand.
About the role
Administration Officer – Flexible Part-time role (0.6 FTE)
The Australian and New Zealand Society for Geriatric Medicine (ANZSGM) is currently looking for an Administration Officer to join our team. This is an enjoyable and varied role which will see you involved in a wide range of administrative tasks and having interactions with our Society members. This is a three day a week, part time role (0.6 FTE) with flexibility in the days.
We know that managing your work and personal life commitments is a challenge and finding a position that can balance both is rare. We offer a part-time position in our team with the opportunity to work both in the office and from home, negotiating the hours and days that suit you.
As a true administrator, you will be one of the main points of contact for the administrative functions of the Society. You will excel in processes and be able to forge strong working relationships with our team, Council and Committee members and the wider ANZSGM membership. Technically savvy, you will have intermediate to advanced skills in using the MS Office 365 suite, with previous experience in website and database/CRM software a real advantage. You will also be a motivated, positive and open communicator, who thrives in a team and loves working in a varied environment.
General administrative support tasks, including but not limited to:
- Answering/directing calls, emails, general correspondence and enquiries
- Assisting with organising meetings including distribution of papers and taking minutes
- Assisting with management of the ANZSGM website
- General accounting duties including reimbursements, banking and payment uploads
- Managing the document and records filing system
- Helping with the administration of ANZSGM events
- Preparation and distribution of correspondence and reports
- At least three years of similar administration experience
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Great interpersonal and planning skills
- Experience with WordPress and CRM software an advantage
- Experience with accounting software (Xero or similar) an advantage
- Have or be completing a recognised Training Course in Business Supervision or Management also an advantage
Successful applicants will need to have or be willing to obtain a National Police Check.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a small, proactive team supporting Geriatricians in meeting the needs of older people in Australia and New Zealand.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.