About the organisation
About the role
TaylorCare Recruitment has partnered with VincentCare, an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria. We are looking for a Aged Care Social Worker to be based in North Melbourne working in the community.
Salary Range: SCHCDS Level 4 to 5 $73,000 – $80,000+ Super + salary packing depending on qualification and experience pro rata.
Minimum 1 year experience as an Aged Care Social Worker.
About the team
As a Aged Care Social Worker with VincentCare you will work in a Commonwealth Home Supported Program (CHSP) to help frail, older people, including the prematurely aged, living in the community to maximise their independence.
About the role
VincentCare is seeking for a highly qualified Aged care who has demonstrated experience and marginalised adults through high case management. As an Aged Care worker you will perform critical functions for many older people who may be excluded from mainstream health services, social supports and opportunities, which impacts their functioning and independence in the community.
You will work from evidence based, integrated and client centered approaches to provide tailored support through clinical frameworks and modalities to establish co developed realistic recovery plans that are individualized and empowering.
You will need a BA of Social Work to work in this role with experience in providing high quality case management and social work responses to assist clients to achieve positive and lasting outcomes.
You have experience working with older people, or people who have prematurely aged due to a lived experience of homelessness. As an aged care worker you have experience in maintaining constructive, empathetic, supportive, and respectful working relationships particularly across primary health, mental health, AOD treatment services and other significant community services for an integrated service response.
Your experience and knowledge also extends to:
- Effectively engaging with older people experiencing complex issues
- An ability to manage critical incidents, identify and act upon immediate risk of danger to self and others in both outreach and service based capacities.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in liaising with other community service organisations for the development of on-going relationships and referral protocols beneficial to client support
Why work for VincentCare :
- An opportunity to contribute to an award winning organisation at the cutting edge of LGBTIQ inclusive practice and culturally safety.
- VincentCare provides a positive, culturally safe and affirming working environment.
- VincentCare is committed to professional development to ensure your career keeps advancing while you’re working with us.
- VincentCare offers a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- VicentCare has some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
Why work with TaylorCare Group to secure your next role?
At TaylorCare Group we partner with top NFP, NDIS & Government Services Australia wide. We work together to help deliver essential recruitment services to the Australian community.
We are passionate about giving back in business and support charities through our business: RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. As we place you into a job, we in turn donate to the charities we support.
We are a multi award winning agency and won the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020 and more.
Could you be the next person that helps us give back to the community?
Don’t Delay – Apply today!
This position is not to be missed so don’t delay, send your CV to Kate or Michelle firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0298104498
Check out all current roles with available on www.taylorcare.com.au
How to apply
Please quote in application: Aged Care Social Worker SCHADS 4 via Pro Bono Australia.