About the organisation
About the role
Fixed Term Part-Time ( 0.8 EFT) until 30 June 2023 (Interview will be scheduled immediately after shortlisting)
Job Reference No VAC1078
- Two generous salary sacrificing options
- Great team culture
- Rewarding and valuable work
The AOD counsellor provides treatment to self-referred clients, family members and significant others, people referred by the criminal justice system and individuals experiencing a diverse range of health, social and economic issues seeking information and treatment.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A professional qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or related field.
- Experience in providing individual counselling.
- Demonstrated ability to elaborate comprehensive treatment planning and referrals.
- Excellent knowledge of current evidence-based practice in AOD.
- A clear understanding of the AOD sector and relevant referral pathways.
What makes Star Health Tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
How to apply
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be complete. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right to work check, proof of vaccinations and a working with child ren check.
For information about the role, please contact Silvia Violante, Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling Coordinator on 03 9525 1300 or email the Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling Coordinator
Closing Date: Friday 8th July 2022
Please quote in application: AOD Centre Based Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Mental_Health