About the organisation
About the role
The Data Engineer works to ingest data into data warehouse and then utilising appropriate tools to provide quality information to data analysts and other users to support effective decision making by managers and employees. This role contributes to improving the currency, accuracy and decision-making value of information assets within Compassion Australia.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with outsourced contractor to develop data warehouse using Microsoft Azure Cloud technology tools
- Work with outsourced contractor to develop pipelines to ingest data from Salesforce and other systems into Azure using an appropriate ETL process
- Develop best practice data model within data warehouse using Azure Synapse and related tools
- Produce certified datasets from the data warehouse to be used in PowerBI reports or other analytic systems
- Assist in the development of the ministry intelligence platform through increased functionality of data warehouse utilising new dimensions, measures and data schema.
- Provide support and advice to rest of Data & Analytics team around database extractions, business intelligence, analytics including Microsoft Azure and analytics tools.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Experience managing cloud solution design and implementation in Azure.
- Technical skills for ingesting data through appropriate ETL and ELT tools in the Microsoft Azure Synapse environment
- Knowledge of and experience with Azure Synapse Architecture including Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, SQL database and Synapse Analytics Workspace.
- Substantial experience with data extraction and data integration
- Salesforce development experience desirable
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a difference. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to help release children from poverty. This role will offer flexible working arrangements and great salary packaging opportunities to maximise your take-home pay.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please review the application pack and submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”.
Applications close at Midnight on 19 July 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our People and Culture Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Azure Data Engineer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development