About the organisation
About the role
At Caritas Australia, we have a vision to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for all. We partner with the most vulnerable communities to help them build better outcomes by improving access to sustainable livelihoods, clean water, sanitation and education.
As Caritas Australia embarks on a major growth strategy, the Business Development Lead will have the opportunity to identify new income generating opportunities and enhance our approach to pursuing government grants.
More about the role
Working in the exciting new Impact Team, the Business Development Lead will play a critical role in enabling Caritas Australia to become more competitive in obtaining DFAT funding, by designing and implementing tender preparation and submission processes. Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Identifying and tracking relevant upcoming DFAT funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
- Conducting prospecting meetings and visits to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Managing major open Australian Government funding solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, PPRs, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
For this role, we are seeking an influential and interpersonal individual, with a mix of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Significant experience in proposal development and submission for Australian Government funding, ideally from DFAT or other social sectors, with a track record of achieving success.
- A demonstrated ability to drive system and process improvements for tender submissions.
- Ability to coordinator multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to effectively communicate with and coordinator activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
All applicants must have full Australian working rights, and be available to work from our Sydney Office at least two days per week.
Why should you consider working for Caritas Australia?
Working at Caritas Australia, you will join a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about tackling poverty and injustice. As part of the Caritas Australia team, you will also benefit from:
- Flexible working arrangements to maintain your work/life balance, including work from home and flexible hours;
- Continued professional development and learning, with on-the-job mentoring and coaching;
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging;
- Annual remuneration and benefits reviews to ensure you are fairly compensated for your contribution to Caritas Australia; and
- Knowing that you are playing a critical role in enhancing the lives of vulnerable groups globally.
For any further questions or enquiries, please contact the recruitment team at People.Culture@caritas.org.au or call (02) 8488 8419. Otherwise, please submit you cover letter and CV through the relevant links.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing
As part of the recruitment process for this role, you may be required to undertake various background checks. You may also be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Business Development Lead via Pro Bono Australia.