About the organisation
About the role
The Health Issues Centre (HIC) is the peak consumer health advocacy body in Victoria. It seeks to deliver positive health outcomes with and for consumers by influencing health policy, service design and health and medical research. It relies on deep and broad engagement with consumers, with an emphasis on those who are most vulnerable and marginalised, to inform its policy positions and priorities. The organisation deliver skills-based training, consultancy services and research to clients across the health industry its goal is to create a better healthcare system that serves people before institutions.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing and managing Health Issues Centre’s commercial services in consultancy, research and training by responding to tender and grant opportunities as well as initiating compelling business propositions and proactively sourcing government, public or private funding.
The Business Development Manager will identify potential client opportunities and manage each relationship through to contract agreement. You will research and pursue relevant tender and grant opportunities and maintain a register of all funding applications and outcomes. You will monitor and respond to new business and funding opportunities. You will work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure full and sufficient promotional resources are in place to market HIC services. You will continually build networks and awareness of Health Issues Centre and all of its service offerings.
- Strong experience in preparing tenders and/or grant applications with a proven record of success,
- Proactively alert and responding to new business and funding opportunities,
- Existing network of contacts within philanthropy, research funding, government and/or private sector funding
- High level of skill in Microsoft Office suite, organisational skills and attention to detail,
- Well-developed skills in relationship-building and demonstrable experience working effectively with a range of stakeholders,
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and advice to senior and peer staff, while working independently and responsibly, with strong self-motivation, confidence and problem-solving skills,
- A minimum of three years’ experience in business development and/or sales,
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Development/Administration, Public Health, Research or other relevant qualifications highly regarded,
- An understanding of how a social enterprise balances commercial and social objectives is highly regarded as will be an understanding of the health system, medical research and key contemporary health issues.
Health Issues Centre actively promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities. Flexible work options and salary packaging benefits are available when you join this innovative not-for-profit organisation.
APPLY NOW if you are driven and experienced in strong business development skills and the desire to champion real improvements to the healthcare system, accessibility and experience in Australia.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Health Issues Centre. For a confidential discussion, contact Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661 or email@example.com
How to apply
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.