About the organisation
About the role
Inner Melbourne Community Legal (IMCL) is one of Victoria’s most innovative and dynamic community legal centres. For over 40 years its dedicated team have been providing free legal and other assistance to low-income people and communities in Melbourne. IMCL has also pioneered a range of dynamic legal partnerships with homelessness services, hospital, schools and other service providers.
IMCL carries out a range of community legal education work and is a strong advocate for a fairer legal system. It advocates alongside our local community for a range of policies that reduce disadvantage and give every member of our community a chance of living a safe and stable life. This includes challenging unfair laws and maintaining a strong voice with policy makers and in the media.
Earlier this year, the former CLC known as Inner Melbourne Community Legal Centre merged with the Flemington & Kensington Community Legal Centre to form a new IMCL that encompasses the services, clients and communities of both the previous CLCs.
The newly merged IMCL boasts broad and deep capability, a sustainable business model and trusted relationships with its partners and communities. It has grown strongly in previous years and has a talented and passionate staff group committed to delivering real outcomes for the local communities we work in.
Benefits & Culture
- Free parking
- Flexible work from home
- Competitive salary and tax effective salary packaging benefits
- Additional gifted leave between Christmas and New Year
- Passionate, inclusive, innovative and impact driven environment
This is an important time to join IMCL to lead the centre through its next phase following the recent merger. Working with the board you will drive the final stages of integration, develop and implement the next phase of the organisational strategy and roadmap, whilst continuing to deliver positive client outcomes.
You will also:
- Provide inspirational, consultative and confident leadership to the team
- Identify further opportunities to diversify funding for future sustainability
- Lead and manage IMCL’s law reform and policy work
- Influence policy debates, negotiating and advocating for the interest of CLCs
- Network and represent IMCL to government, partners, and other stakeholders
You are an accomplished CEO or Executive leader with skills ideally developed within the community legal sector, advocacy, human services or similar client focused organisations.
Specifically you can demonstrate:
- Success in leading and promoting an inclusive, positive and results based culture through a time of significant change
- Organisational strategy development and implementation that inspires a clear vision of success
- Political astuteness and advocacy skills that informs policy and law reform
- Sound financial management including managing funded service models and operational excellence
- A track record of building trusted relationships with a broad range of stakeholders across State and Federal government agencies, partner organisations, community members and philanthropic funders
If you are passionate about high quality and accessible legal services for everyone in the community, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the key skills required. For further information please contact Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.