About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians, and Family Services.
About the role
headspace is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Brief Intervention Clinician to work full-time in a supportive and inclusive team! This position is based at our Dandenong site to provide in-person services.
What you’ll be doing
This is a crucial role within the headspace Dandenong Hastings service and will require the Intake & Brief Intervention Clinician to undertake a number of activities including but not limited to:
- Establishing a potential client’s needs (through discussion of the presenting issue/s) and determine the client’s supports
- Providing a range of effective evidence-based brief interventions
- Engaging, screening, and coordinating supported referrals for young people aged 12-25 who seek help through headspace, their families, and carers
- Formulating and facilitating group programs and health promotion activities
- Presenting client cases at clinical review meetings and supervision
- Maintaining effective relationships with local stakeholders and agencies
- Conducting health promotion activities to young people both within the centre but also wider into the community
Who you’ll be working with
Reporting to the Intake Team Leader you will be part of a very supportive and connected team of highly experienced and enthusiastic clinicians that promotes reflective practice and case discussions. The team is dedicated to working with young people, who present mental health challenges, to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Who we’re looking for
In addition to a self-directed passion and drive to support young people within the community, you will:
- Understand the importance of a youth-friendly and dynamic service to assess and treat young people diagnosed with a range of mental health difficulties
- Have highly developed therapeutic counseling skills and familiarity with single-session thinking
- Have demonstrated clinical mental health experience in working with youth to deliver therapeutic interventions
- Be a highly collaborative and engaging individual, who is excited about taking ownership of their day as well as working and creating a quality customer-centric service
Mandatory Qualification/s, Competencies and/or Licences:
- Holds a minimum Bachelor level qualification in Youth Work, Occupational therapy, Social Sciences, Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or related discipline
- Current state-based driver’s license
What we offer
EACH offers all staff benefits by offering:
- Work arrangements that flex to you – including hybrid working conditions
- Provide opportunities to grow and develop
- Internal professional development calendar
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Professional clinical support and supervision
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals and entertainment
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members,
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Novated leasing arrangements
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop.
How to apply
We want to know why you would like to come work with EACH and what you can bring to this role. When you ‘Apply Now’ you will be redirected to our Career Centre, where the Position Description is available. Please attach a cover letter with your resume on the application.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Mark Dollin, Team Leader - Intake & Brief Intervention at email@example.com
Applications close Friday, 8 July 2022.
**Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may commence prior to the close date so do not delay your application.
Please quote in application: Clinician - Intake & Brief Intervention via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People