About the organisation
About the role
Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. They are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Their programs are evidence-based and built on 125 years of service. Kids First is a human services organisation; they exist for people and believe people are their greatest strength. Most of the workforce directly benefits the community as social workers and therapists, or they educate young minds at their most critical stage of development. In short, they care.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, the Communications Lead is responsible for developing and implementing communications, content and community engagement campaigns that increase Kids First’s profile and engage audiences with their services.
The Communications Lead will manage Kids First’s communication schedule and generate and repurpose content for all communication platforms including newsletters, website, and social media. You will take a proactive approach, harnessing opportunities for thought leadership and influence and generating content aligned to Kids First’s brand and purpose.
This important and hands-on role is responsible for producing PR materials for external media including media releases and opinion pieces and plays a key role in managing external providers and media monitoring. The Communications Lead will build creative campaigns using social media channels, bring important issues to public attention, craft stories and finesse words that resonate with a variety of audiences. In addition, this role contributes to funding applications and tenders as opportunities arise.
- An exceptional communications practitioner, experienced in crafting authentic, engaging content and building advocacy.
- Adept and comfortable with copywriting, editing, stakeholder engagement, website and social media management, and content development.
- You will be confident, decisive, and creative, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and work in a digital environment using a variety of digital tools.
- You are known for your exemplary written communication skills and the ability to repurpose high quality content for various audiences across a range of platforms.
- Qualifications in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or public health are desirable.
- Familiarity with the family and children’s support services and an understanding of contemporary issues would be an advantage.
Kids First actively promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities. Flexible work options and salary packaging benefits are available when you join this innovative not-for-profit organisation.
APPLY NOW if you are a driven and enthusiastic communications professional and want to join a small but passionate team who champion change, education and cutting edge initiatives within the family and children’s services sector.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Communications Lead via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families