About the organisation
About the Organisation
Carers Australia is the national peak body representing Australia’s unpaid carers, advocating on their behalf to influence policies and services at a national level.
Our vision is an Australia that values and supports the contribution that carers make both to the people they care for and to the community as a whole.
The Young Carers Network is an initiative of Carers Australia and includes a Young Carer Bursary Program that supports young carers to continue with their education, and opportunities for young carers to connect.
About the role
Location: Turner (Canberra), ACT
Employment Status: Full-time or near to full time
- Join a well-established and respected national peak body committed to enhancing the health, wellbeing, resilience and financial security of Carers
- Competitive salary range of $80,000 – $85,000 PLUS super PLUS full salary packaging options
- Supportive working environment
About the Role
Carers Australia has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Community Engagement Officer to join their team in Canberra, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the National Director, Programs & Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing member and other stakeholder activities for young carers and other carers, and promoting their value to young carers
- Identifying opportunities for services to promote the activities of the Young Carer Network and reaching and engaging with a greater number of young carers
- Engaging with carers, and ensuring accessible information is provided to carers to increase their ability to connect with appropriate supports at the time they are needed
- Increasing community awareness of carer issues among young people, facilitating youth and where relevant family participation, organising and delivering promotional activities to engage target populations, and
- Working with the programs and communications teams to enhance the Young Carer Network program.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Promotion, Community Development, Social/Behavioural Science, Social Work/Planning or a related discipline, or sound knowledge and experience in community engagement and demonstrated understanding of the challenges and experiences of young carers
- Proven ability to approach tasks with a positive attitude, contribute own expertise to achieve outcomes for the organisation through the ability to plan, manage and support business and service functions and deliver intended results within agreed timeframes
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate with a diverse group of people and tailor communications, and use a variety of communication channels, to suit a specific target group or age range
- Proven track record of collaborative practice and effective internal and external stakeholder engagement and management
- Able to report in a concise manner with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated drive and motivation, an ability to self-reflect and a commitment to learning.
Ideally, you will also have project management experience in the community or not for profit sector, knowledge of a suite of software programs including Adobe products, InDesign, WordPress or similar, and previous experience using customer relationship management (CRM) tools (preferably Salesforce products).
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary circa $80,000 – $85,000, plus super, plus salary packaging options.
For further information about the position please contact Katie Shoemark, National Director, Programs & Operations, Carers Australia on (02) 6122 9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement