About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Tax benefits through salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-time, ongoing role flexible hybrid working in both office and from home.
- Job security and stability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child Care and Kindergarten discount in Uniting services
- Professional development and training
Uniting Vic. Tas. is the largest not for profit, for purpose community services provider in Australia. We’ve been supporting people and families for over 100 years. We empower children, young people and families to learn and thrive.
Our early learning vision is the most vulnerable children receive the highest quality early childhood education. We make this happen by investing in our people, developing and implementing innovative practice and supporting children in need.
To support our vision, our portfolio includes the largest Kindergarten Inclusion Support program and Preschool Field Officer program in Victoria. We also operate a wide range of Early Childhood Education and Care Services, including kindergarten, long day care, occasional care, family day care and outside school hours care.
About the opportunity
This is a specialist position designed to enhance service excellence through administrative compliance with relevant legislation and National Quality Standards.
Remuneration is under the SCHCADS Award 2010, Classification: Level 4.1, plus salary packaging benefits which include the ability to reduce their taxable income by $15,900 each year, and an optional $2650 foe Meals and Entertainment which results in higher take home pay.
In this role, you will:
- Keep informed of policy change and implications for funding and compliance
- Coordinate and implement all administrative tasks associated with licensing, compliance, quality and funding
- Receive and review all incident notifications, clarifying and escalating where appropriate
- Receive and process all licensing applications and inspections reports.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organisation and administrative skills
- Extensive stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge in State and Commonwealth government early childhood policies
- Broad working knowledge of sector legislation and National Quality Standards
- A background in early childhood development is preferred.
You will succeed in this by being an integral part of our team. Your knowledge in early childhood development as well as State and Commonwealth Government early childhood policies will help steer our 1,000 plus educational staff to excellence.
At Uniting Vic. Tas. we value imaginative, respectful, compassionate and bold practice. We challenge convention and dare to dream. We act with honesty and integrity. We are nurturing and thoughtful. We are bold. We face injustice head-on, standing up for what is right and true with confidence and strength.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting your application on the below:
Please include all of the following to be considered:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Responses to the core Selection Criteria.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Compliance & Funding Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People