About the organisation
About Health Justice Australia:
Health Justice Australia is a national charity established in 2016 as a centre of excellence for health justice partnership. Health Justice Australia supports the expansion and effectiveness of health justice partnerships through:
- Knowledge and its translation: developing evidence and translating that evidence into knowledge that is valued by practitioners, researchers, policy-makers and funders.
- Building capability: supporting practitioners to work collaboratively, including through brokering, mentoring and facilitating partnerships.
- Driving systems change: connecting the experience of people coming through health justice partnerships, and their practitioners, with opportunities for lasting systems change through reforms to policy settings, service design and funding.
We are committed to an inclusive work environment. Advancing HJA’s work to achieve our intended impact, we seek to work with people whose skills and behaviours are aligned to our values, culture and strategy. Core capabilities that reflect the skills and behaviours we seek in prospective HJA team members include:
- Commitment to learning as a key mechanism to support impact and effectiveness
- Ability to collaborate
- Ability to communicate effectively, both to specialist and general audiences
- Willingness to make use of digital innovation to support organisational effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to exercise judgment in decision-making.
About the role
About this position:
This is an exciting opportunity to work with Health Justice Australia to develop content, resources and tools that support effective health justice partnership practice and learning.
Roles and responsibilities:
Working within the Practice team, this role will:
- Gather lessons and practice evidence from health justice partnerships (HJPs) to be shared across Health Justice Australia’s strategic priorities of knowledge, practice and systems
- Synthesize and translate research and practice evidence into practical resources, tools and communication (such as regular emails and social media posts) for HJP practice and practitioners
- Support engagement and consultation activity with the National HJP Practitioner Network
- Support the planning and delivery of networking, events and other activities that support HJP practice and practitioners
- Support the work of Health Justice Australia towards its impact through other duties as required
Essential criteria & Desirable Criteria:
- Please view the attached PDF for information regarding the criteria.
- Works within Practice team
- Supervised by the Practice Development Lead
- Works in close collaboration with Health Justice Australia’s national network of health justice partnership practitioners.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Content Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Health_–_General, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Other