About the organisation
The Magistrates Court of Victoria (MCV) is a jurisdiction within the Court Services Victoria
statutory authority, and has a long history of providing justice for the people of Victoria in
metropolitan and regional courts across the state. The Court determines in excess of 300,000
cases per annum at 51 venues, equating to approximately 90 per cent of all cases that come
before Victorian courts each year. The Court aims to be an innovative, accessible and responsive
court that provides quality services to the Victorian community.
About the role
This role has responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of the CISP programs at the Dandenong and
Ringwood Magistrates' Courts and leading a team of case managers who provide support to people
on bail with vulnerable and complex needs.
We encourage you to apply if you possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level highly desirable) relevant to case
management practice with forensic clients, psychology, social work, occupational therapy
and/or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated capacity or experience in case management of clients presenting with
complex needs, with well-developed knowledge and/or relevant experience in the following
speciality areas: mental health, alcohol and substance use / addiction, family violence, or
homelessness highly desirable.
- Experience in or demonstrated capacity to provide supervision to case managers and
advanced case managers, including in relation to risk and its mitigation particularly within
an area of advanced knowledge or experience.
- Extensive experience in the assessment and case management of clients with multiple and
- Experience in the leadership and management of health and/or social welfare staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Sound knowledge of evidenced-informed practice models and frameworks for working with
multiple and complex needs, including those with a mental illness, intellectual disability
and/or acquired brain injury, as well as triage and waitlist management.
How to apply
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit
careers.vic.gov.au by 04-JUL-2022.
Please quote in application: Court Support Services Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.