About the organisation
What makes Star Health Tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
About the role
FTE 1.0 ( 2 positions available )
Job Reference No VAC1072
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Are you a customer service star?
- Make a difference to the most disadvantaged in our community
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Dental Assistant to work in our Oral Health Program across our South Melbourne and Prahran clinics.
This position triages inbound phone calls from clients who are seeking access to urgent dental care and also provides chairside assistance to clinicians who are delivering preventive and restorative oral health care in clinical and outreach settings.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a busy clinic with the ability to rotate according to the requirements of the practice from phone calls to reception to chairside duties –sometimes in the same day!
- A professional qualification in Dental Assisting (Cert III essential, Cert IV preferred)
- Experience in working with clients with complex needs
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of patient care encouraging positive attitudes towards oral health
- Excellent knowledge of values-based health care and community-based dental services
- A clear understanding of infection control principles
In return we offer:
- Standard tax- free salary packaging amount ($18,550 per annum)
- Great inner city locations opposite to South Melbourne & Prahran markets
- Rewarding a valuable work
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Dental Assistant / Triage Receptionist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Health_–_General, #ResearchMedical_Research