About the organisation
Mental Health Australia is the peak, national non-government organisation representing and promoting the interests of the Australian mental health sector and is committed to achieving better mental health for all Australians. Mental Health Australia aims to promote mentally healthy communities, educate Australians on mental health issues, influence mental health reform so that government policies address all contemporary mental health issues, conduct research on mental health issues, and carry out regular consultation to represent the best interests of members, stakeholders and the Australian community.
These endeavours in education and policy reform are matched by our commitment to researching more innovative approaches to the provision of mental health care. In addition, Mental Health Australia continues to focus on the human rights of people with a mental illness and their carers.
About the role
- Excellent opportunity to work with a highly respected national not for profit peak organisation for the mental health sector
- Chance to demonstrate your strong policy knowledge and research analysis skills to impact change
- Full-time position, 3 year contract
- Competitive full-time equivalent current base salary $102,000 , plus super, plus charity salary packaging options
- Supportive, flexible, family-friendly work environment
Reporting to the Director Policy & Research this position plays a vital role in the successful leadership of the Policy and Research Team. The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Director, Policy and Research to:
- Align and co-ordinate the day-to-day work of the Policy and Research Team with Mental Health Australia’s strategic priorities
- Identify relevant research and evidence to inform emerging opportunities for Mental Health Australia and its members
- Manage delivery of nominated Mental Health Australia projects
- Consult with Mental Health Australia members and other relevant stakeholders, including consumers and carers, to develop policy advice.
- Formulate, conduct and manage research to contribute to policy positions, submissions and reports in relevant priority areas.
- Advocate for and represent Mental Health Australia’s policy position in a range of forums, including through public presentations and providing input to national committees.
We are seeking a highly motivated person who works well in a committed team environment and wants to make a difference.
This is a unique opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better mental health for all Australians.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with excellent remuneration, current base salary $102,000, plus super, plus charity salary packaging options.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Deputy Director Policy and Research via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health