About the organisation
About the role
- A role with a difference for an experienced Disability Support Worker
- Looking for a new opportunity to focus your care on one client?
- Would you like to be a part of an organisation shaping the healthcare space for self-funded families in the NDIS?
- Work in a 2:1 supported role
Welcome to JDC Support.
We’re a family-run business dedicated to helping our son, Jake to achieve a great life with purposeful and meaningful activities to learn and grow. Jake is a 30-year-old with a lovely smile, great manners, and a wicked sense of humour – whilst he faces both physical and intellectual disabilities, that has not deterred him from being an integral part of our local community.
Since 2011, Team Jake has been a collaboration between paid and unpaid individuals from diverse backgrounds who share a vision for disability inclusion and human rights. There are many families and their loved ones that don’t fit the NDIS mould, making access to the vital services they need extremely hard, time-consuming and frustrating. And as such JDC Support was created. Taking back control, our mission is to create a framework for other families to do the same!
So, what do we need?
In this incredibly rewarding role, we require an experienced Disability Support Worker who has the ability to assist one man lead a great life at home and in his community. Jake has two micro-businesses and volunteers in his community – he is always open to learning new skills and going to new places. Are you that person who could add to his lifestyle and activity program?
You may suit this role if you are someone who has worked in a day service, a residential setting, or is an allied health assistant looking for something interesting while getting great on-the-job training with a complex man. You may even be a Youth Worker, Social Worker or 2IC looking for something different.
This is a diverse role and unique opportunity to work alongside one client – this is not your typical centre role where you deal with multiple people.
What will you need?
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Disability Certificate 4 or Community Service, Youth Work, Allied Health Professional
- Ability to work in accordance with the NDIS code of conduct, policy and procedures
- Prior experience working alongside adults with Autism, Epilepsy, Bi-Polar, ADHD – people with intellectual disabilities and dual diagnosis
- An open and empathetic communication style
- Epilepsy trained (or willingness to be trained)
Team Jake has realised that there is an opportunity to support other families who wish to become self-funded. So, if you are looking for a role where you can step up and become a part of a team who are leading the way in shaping the future for self-funded families, this is your moment!
How to apply
To apply for this job go to:
https://jdc.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5999737 or APPLY NOW to be directed.
Applications close 19 July 2022
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities