About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Multiple casual positions available, based in Horsham/Wimmera
About the opportunity
The Disability Support Worker works across NDIS funded programs within Horsham and the surrounding areas.
The Disability Support Worker will be responsible for providing high quality, person-centred support to individuals with a disability living in Uniting’s Supported Independent Living (SIL) services or attending Uniting’s Disability Day Program or one on one program.
The position will be required to assist consumers with daily living and may involve assistance with social support and recreation activities, showering, toileting, dressing, meals, use of physical and communication aids, transport, medication administration and other activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III or higher in Disability, other relevant qualification, or studying in a relevant field. (Desirable)
- Current First Aid Level 2 (including CPR) Certificate (Essential)
- NDIS Workers Screening check (Essential)
- Previous or lived experience in disability services field.
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours and shifts
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Competency with using computers
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today by submitting the following as a part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on 27 June 2022.
Get in touch
For more information or questions regarding the role, please contact
- Loucus Vettos, Team Leader on Loucas.Vettos@vt.uniting.org or 03 5362 4086
- Sherridan Benbow, Team Leader on Sherridan.Benbow@vt.uniting.org or 03 5362 2961
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker Horsham via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People