About the organisation
About the role
The Executive Director, Strategy and Services position will support the Regional Client Services Directors and the Director of Client Practice Management in achieving high quality of services across VACCA and will oversee program outcomes in line with VACCA’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA’s vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact Aboriginal communities
- A strong understanding of the importance of embedding Aboriginal cultural practices across VACCA programs
- High-level ability to analyse and position Aboriginal voice in policies, programming within sector and to government
- Extensive experience in the child and family welfare field, the provision of services to statutory clients or a related area, and a sophisticated understanding of current issues, reforms, and awareness of future directions
- Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation, social and government policy and evidence-based research that impacts on Aboriginal children and families
- Highly developed leadership, communication, management, and team development skills.
- Excellent conceptual, strategic, and analytical skills
- Excellent program management and program evaluation skills
- Demonstrated capacity to negotiate and work constructively with funding bodies and other stakeholders and to represent the organisation with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong financial skills and demonstrated experience in managing budgets across various frontline (funded) programs
You must be fully vaccinated and have, and continue to hold, a full Victorian Driver’s Licence and will also be required to obtain a current employment working with children check card and undergo a police check. A higher degree or postgraduate qualification in a relevant field, or significant experience within the human services field, is required.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Executive Director, Strategy & Services via Pro Bono Australia.