About the organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries. The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
About the role
- Work within a passionate and driven team
- Work with young people for social inclusion, educational engagement and emotional well-being
- Fixed term until June 2023, full time (1.0 EFT)
Foundation House’s Ucan2 program facilitates and supports the social inclusion, engagement in education and emotional well-being of recently arrived young people of refugee background. It does this through a collaborative partnership with the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) and English Language Schools and Centres, AMEP programs or Secondary Schools.
The role requires planning and delivery of Ucan2 programs to young people in sites across Melbourne. The facilitator will work in collaboration with the site delivery team to deliver the program using a flexible approach to ensure that participants are fully supported to achieve program goals. The facilitator will work with the Ucan2 Business Partnerships team to support any work experience and mentoring components of Ucan2 as appropriate.
You will be a high energy and experienced group facilitator who understands the issues facing young people from asylum seeker and refugee backgrounds. You will engage quickly with, and relate well to, young people online and in person. You will be an excellent organiser and communicator, with the ability to work collaboratively with partners to deliver the curriculum. Your strengths-based approach will support the participants and delivery team with compassion, integrity, a sense of fun. You have a commitment to social justice and human rights.
Salary and benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 of $96,804 gross salary per annum (pro-rata), plus 17.5% leave loading and superannuation. Additional benefits include salary packaging up to $18,550, a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and onsite parking.
Conditional employment requirements
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Occasional travel to head office
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the health orders from the Victorian Minister for Health, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Order 2022, Foundation House must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, including the third vaccination. If you are successful in gaining employment with Foundation House you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination for work at our sites.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Facilitator – Ucan2 Program via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Education_and_Training, #Mental_Health, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Youth_and_Young_People