About the organisation
About the role
Northern Healing & Recovery Program (NHARP)
- Convenient Thomastown location
- Permanent, Full Time (ability to consider Part Time)
- $47.38/hour + Super + Salary Packaging
Kids First have a prominent 120-year history of safeguarding children achieved through an unwavering commitment to people and transformation. If you’ve got a qualification in social work or equivalent looking for meaning and substance in working for an organisation that acknowledges your value by offering great working conditions and flexible working arrangements, then this could be your next opportunity.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative therapeutic program in a role that provides therapeutic support to women, children and young people recovering from family violence and to:
- Be part of a team that deliver evidence-based family violence recovery group work programs and practices to women, children, and young people
- Engage, develop, and support therapeutic relationships using evidence-based, flexible, trauma informed, and relational informed practice designed for family violence recovery
- Take part in direct service provisions namely group work and individual work
What do you need?
- Bachelor qualification in social work or equivalent, in line with Recommendation 209 (for more information about mandatory minimum qualifications, please follow this link: https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners)
- A sound understanding of current family violence recovery theories and practice frameworks
- Demonstrated experience working therapeutically with victims who have experienced family violence
- Knowledge of groupwork, theory and practice as it applies to family violence recovery
- Demonstrated personal resilience and a level of self-awareness relating practice and relationships
How we reward you:
- An organisation that truly lives its values
- Kids First understands the importance of flexible working and has a policy to support this
- Enjoy ‘not for profit’ benefits such as salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- We know how important it is to spend time with family which is why you get 3 additional leave days at Christmas
- Purchased leave options
- Staff Wellbeing Program
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Recovery Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Women