About the organisation
About the role
Experienced Food Services Assistant required Clifton Hill location
Make a difference to the lives of residents
Be part of a supportive team in a fantastic environment
Salary Packaging available
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has vacancies for Food Services Assistants at their Residential Aged Care facility in Clifton Hill. In this role you will assist with the preparation of meals, maintaining the dining rooms and serving the resident in a respectful and collaborative environment. You will be joining a supportive dynamic team with a strong focus providing outstanding service.
What you will be doing…
- Assisting with the preparation of meals in line with food handling legislation
- Assisting in the serving of resident meals ensuring outstanding customer service
- Maintain dining areas to create a safe and welcoming environment for residents
- Assisting the Chef with the cleaning and storage of all equipment
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintain records for safe food storage ensuring compliance
- Assisting the team as required focused on an outstanding resident experience
To be successful you require:
- Previous experience as a kitchen hand preferably in the Aged care sectors
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communicate skill
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
These are Casual positions weekday and weekend shifts available flexibility is required to work as needed.
The Brotherhood provides a safe workplace that values and support their staff. The Brotherhood complies with government mandates in relation to COVID -19 vaccinations.
Salary: $23.68 – $24.25 per hour plus 25% casual loading plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd July, 2022 – Please note interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
Click here to view the Position Description
Enquiries: Amanda Scholz, Chef Manager, phone: (03) 9658 5019 or email: Amanda.Scholz@bsl.org.au
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Food Services Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People