About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council Victoria’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
The Gifts in Will’s team form part of the Partnerships and Philanthropy Unit and is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of our gift in Will supporters, the growth of the Gifts in Wills program and the administration of estates. The team is committed to following supporter first principles and works together to ensure that our supporters know that they are appreciated and valued.
About the role
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in a trusted and high-profile organisation?
We are looking for a Gifts in Wills Lead to facilitate strong and long-term relationships with a large portfolio of confirmed and prospective Gifts in Wills supporters.
Reporting to the Gifts in Wills Manager, this role will manage and grow a portfolio of supporters and prospects through delivering strategic and personalised communication journeys to confirm and affirm their pledge to leave a gift in their will to Cancer Council Victoria. This role will also lead specific engagement activities and events to support the overall growth and retention of supporters for the Gifts in Wills program.
Gifts in Will donations fund Cancer Council’s internationally recognised cancer research, prevention and support programs. This role therefore offers you the satisfaction of applying your skills and experience to improve the lives of people affected by cancer now and in the future.
- Use your genuine passion for people and exceptional relationship skills to grow and manage a portfolio of committed supporters, confirming and affirming their pledge to leave a gift in their Will to Cancer Council Victoria as part of a collaborative and connected team.
- Be a part of one of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
Reporting to the Gifts in Wills Manager, your role as a Gifts In Wills Lead is to:
- Develop professional and personable relationships with a portfolio of confirmed and prospective Gifts in Wills supporters and manage these relationships to ensure future income for Cancer Council Victoria
- In line with the Gifts in Wills strategy, develop and deliver clear engagement, stewardship and conversion plans for supporters in own portfolio that include strategic interactions by phone, email, mail, events and face to face meetings, with the goal of converting and confirming bequest pledges
- Have excellent communication and written skills.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to build good relationships across the organisation
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure a cohesive engagement and stewardship for shared supporters (i.e., major donors, community fundraisers or direct mail donors)
- Lead the development and delivery of specific engagement activities to support the conversion and retention of Gifts in Wills supporters
- Ensure all information and communications with supporters is recorded in the CRM database in a timely and accurate manner
All about you
- Someone who has proven relationship management skills – cultivating and managing strong and long-lasting relationships with a large portfolio of supporters
- A self-starter who is also a team player
- Someone who strives for continuous improvement and always keeps the supporter in mind
- Someone who aligns with Cancer Council Victoria’s values of excellence, integrity, and compassion
- Passionate about working in a well-respected and trusted not for profit that is making strides towards a cancer free future.
- Experience managing a large prospect pipeline and have achieved set goals by developing contact plans using a variety of engagement techniques
- Experience building, and fostering, relationships using best practice relationship development techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies when communicating to targeted supporter base.
- Experience, or willingness, to make “the ask” at the appropriate time
- High-level computer skills and experience using CRM databases
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $ 75,486 and $ 84,872 p.a. commensurate on experience, plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Gifts In Wills Lead - FCD.11 (Maternity Leave) via Pro Bono Australia.