About the organisation
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) is a not-for-profit organisation and Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important voice promoting accessible, affordable and available communications services that enhance the lives of consumers.
About the role
Diverse, interesting role working in vibrant NGO
Supportive work environment
Hybrid work environment (office and/or home office)
The Grants and Research Assistant is responsible for the following day-to-day activities:
- Primary point of contact and a supportive resource for grant applicants and research partners.
- Processing grant applications and liaising with applicants
- Assisting with pre- and post-award administration, including use of SmartyGrants software to monitor and record project progress
- Monitoring & supporting project partners to ensure they meet activity, budget and reporting milestones in a timely manner
- Assisting with the publication of ACCAN Grant and Research outputs and promotion, including editing, proofing, and drafting of copy for ACCAN’s website and other publications, ensuring they are inclusive and accessible
- Assisting with building the profile of ACCAN research in the community
- Curating ACCAN’s research bibliography, stock of printed resources and ISBN.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- A degree or equivalent in a related area
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated high-level research skills, including understanding of methodology and research ethics
- Oral and written communication skills of a high order, able to assess complex information for quality and outcomes
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of people, including consumer/community organisations and academic institutions
- Ability to work in a self-directed role with limited supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and in a consultative framework
- Advanced proficiency in information and communication technology
- A commitment to the effective representation of the interests of consumers
The position is for 22.5 hours per week and flexible arrangements will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
ACCAN is an EEO employer: women, First Nations peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
A position description, including the Essential Skills for the position, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
Tel: 02-9288-4000 or contact us via the NRS
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter addressing the Essential Skills, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Grants and Research Assistant (part-time) via Pro Bono Australia.