About the organisation
About the role
Wildlife Victoria has provided the community with a Wildlife Emergency Response service for 35 years. Their mission is to help and protect wildlife through their rescue, education, and advocacy activities. Every year thousands of native animals in Victoria become sick, injured or orphaned, often as a direct result of human activity. If left unassisted, these animals may suffer and die in pain or of starvation. The Wildlife Victoria Emergency Response Service receives notifications from members of the public via emergency phone and online reporting system, receiving 100,000 requests for help annually, and helping over 80,000 animals.
Reporting to the CEO and leading a team of 5, the Head of External Relations leads a diverse portfolio accountable for Brand, Media, Marketing, Communications, Fundraising and External Engagement including Sponsorships, Partnerships, Community Engagement and Public Relations. This role spans both strategic and operational aspects, and is an integral member of the Wildlife Victoria leadership team, providing thought leadership and input across the organisation holistically. The Head of External Relations will transform Wildlife Victoria’s activities end to end across the scope of the role to ensure a sustainable, professional and effective external presence ongoing.
This important role will extend the reach of the Wildlife Victoria brand and maintain a positive image through media and communications, plus ensure the external positioning of Wildlife Victoria in the community through diverse external engagement strategies. You will develop and implement a multi-channel fundraising program to maximise Wildlife Victoria’s income through philanthropic giving, institutional funding, sponsorship, strategic partnerships, campaigns, bequests and individual giving programs.
- Strong relationship management to foster relationships and collaborate with external partners to achieve strategic objectives, tangible outcomes and income growth
- Relevant professional experience in a broad external relations role, across both strategy and operational delivery.
- An adaptive and constructive leadership approach with the capability to work effectively under pressure and navigate through difficult situations
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal •Strong project management experience
- Understanding of fundraising methodology, code of ethics, and the Australian philanthropic landscape
- Proven experience in leading marketing and fundraising operations and systems, including CRM database
- Experience in brand strategy including development of identity, values and setting style and brand guidelines
- Strong stakeholder engagement, collaborative working style and commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience working across the not-for-profit sector Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations, MBA desirable.
APPLY NOW if you are an external relations professional with a solid track record of success to lead a diverse portfolio into the next chapter, plus a genuine interest in wildlife, and alignment to Wildlife Victoria’s values – Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Leadership and Integrity.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Wildlife Victoria.
For a confidential discussion, contact Michelle Varcoe or Jenni D’Orival on 03 8375 9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of External Relations via Pro Bono Australia.