About the organisation
About the role
Championed by the visionary John Opie AM, The Fight Cancer Foundation (FCF) was founded in 1989 as the Bone Marrow Donor Institute to establish Australia’s first bone marrow donor registry and find a cure for leukaemia, the organisation’s broader scope now provides support services for patients with blood and other cancers.
These services include short and mid-term accommodation for rural and interstate patients accessing major treating hospitals in New South Wales, Tasmania and Victoria, and education programs supporting young learners undergoing cancer treatment.
FCF also supports innovative medical research programmes seeking better treatment methods and ultimately, cures.
Benefits & Culture
- Values based close knit nurturing team
- Flexible work environment, work from home/ Parkville head office location
- Join the senior management team, work closely with the CEO and Board
- Generous base salary of $140-150k plus super plus salary packaging
This is an exciting time to join Fight Cancer Foundation as you will be responsible for writing the new fundraising strategic plan and leading a fundraising program with huge growth potential. Reporting to the CEO, as part of the senior management team you will expand and grow their supporter base and diversify income.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop an innovative fundraising, marketing and communications strategy
- Oversee the management and reinvigorate major campaigns and the events calendar
- Identify, cultivate and steward major sponsorships and partners
- Provide supportive leadership to a newly established team whilst inspiring a collaborative organisation-wide approach to fundraising.
This position would suit an experienced fundraising and marketing generalist with proven success growing diverse income streams. You will have managed staff and preferably will have worked within the not for profit sector.
You will have:
- Broad experience across all fundraising streams and donor communications
- Ability to produce and implement a strategic plan and meet growth targets
- Managed high profile campaigns & events and relationships with corporate sponsors
- A collaborative and inspiring management style, leading from the front and fostering success.
To learn more about the inspiring work of Fight Cancer Foundation, visit their website at:
Fight Cancer Foundation is committed to building a diverse workforce. They strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and LGBTIQ-identifying people.
If you are passionate about supporting cancer patients and research and want to take Fight Cancer Foundation’s fundraising program to the next level, please apply by submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume. Alternatively, please contact Anna Skeels in Melbourne on 03 8080 8976 for further information.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Fundraising & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Media, #ResearchMedical_Research