About the organisation
About the role
Austin Health is one of Victoria’s largest providers of tertiary health services, health professional education and research. Austin Health includes the Austin Hospital, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre, and the ONJ Centre. The Foundation manages philanthropic and volunteer development and is responsible for supporting, promoting, recognising and growing giving to Austin Health.
Reporting to the Foundation Director, and managing a small team, the Head of Philanthropy will lead strategy development and implementation of the major gifts, grants, and gift in Will portfolios. Working collaboratively with stakeholders across Austin Health, this role will continue building an existing program of activities to steward and solicit gifts from many generous supporters, with a key focus on building meaningful connections and relationships.
As a member of the leadership team of the Austin Health Foundation, you will contribute to the Foundation’s strategic direction and plans, advocate for a culture of philanthropy across the organisation, and identify funding opportunities. You will build the capacity and capability of your team, and foster a culture of learning, continuous improvement, best practice systems and donor-centric approach.
The Head of Philanthropy is responsible for identifying and developing a strong pipeline of prospective donors and managing engagement plans to grow the major gifts program. You will steward meaningful relationships with donors and develop persuasive cases for support, translating complex information into compelling proposals for a range of audiences. The role also oversees the development, implementation and significant growth of the Gift in Wills and Trusts & Foundations / Grants programs, supporting the team to ensure the strategy is implemented and integrated with other Foundation activity.
- You are passionate about healthcare philanthropy, with a proven track record and significant experience in donor management, engagement and relationship building
- You have proven success in securing philanthropic investment, including directly making ‘the ask’
- Demonstrated experience managing donor pipelines supported by moves management, research and CRM
- Experience in Major Gifts, Trusts and Foundation and Gift in Will portfolios
- Previous experience in leading and mentoring a high-performing team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a complex organisation.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- High self-awareness and a growth focused, curious mindset.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) or equivalent qualification highly regarded
Work with Austin Health! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
APPLY NOW if you are an experienced leader with success in building relationships to maximise philanthropic support, with a commitment to Austin Health’s values – Our actions show we care; We bring our best, Together we achieve; We shape the future.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Austin Health.
For a confidential discussion, contact Michelle Varcoe or Jenni D’Orival on 03 8375 9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General