About the organisation
About the role
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future. Their priority focus in the Australia Pacific region is tackling climate change.
As a key part of the fundraising and technology department, the high value fundraising team is crucial to driving Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s impact. This team is responsible for developing philanthropic partnerships and donor relationships to grow the vital income streams of major giving, middle giving, and gifts in wills. The role will oversee programs that cultivate relationships with donors and partners, bringing them closer to Greenpeace campaigns and collaborating to grow impact.
Benefits and Culture
- Greenpeace believes in living their values by creating a supportive, fun, flexible, diverse place to work
- Global organisation with the opportunity to work with international counterparts
- Professional development and growth within the organisation
- Work flexibly from the office and from home
Reporting to the Fundraising and Technology Director, you will lead the high value fundraising team to achieve even greater success. You will also:
- Create strategies driving the growth of major gifts, trust and foundations, gifts in wills and middle donor fundraising
- Drive donor prospecting and research to bring existing opportunities to fruition
- Collaborate nationally and internationally to build a successful program
- Produce and deliver communications using a range of channels and technologies
You have a deep understanding of best practices across the philanthropic and fundraising landscape, and a track record of growing income through stewarding key relationships combined with demonstrated leadership skills.
You will also have:
- Experience in gifts in wills and/or middle donor fundraising
- Six or more years in a people and budgetary management position
- Experience overseeing, developing, or writing high quality donor-centric proposals
- High level relationship building, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to help establish an effective internal culture for philanthropy and fundraising
- Proven ability to utilise technology to drive, monitor and report on results
If you are a skilled leader passionate about protecting the environment and influencing climate action, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Please call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 if you have specific questions about this opportunity.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Conservation_and_Environment, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy