About the organisation
Brave Foundation is an Australian not-for-profit charity that equips expecting and parenting young people in Australia with resources, referral, and education opportunities to facilitate happy, healthy, and skilled families over time.
Our vision is to see future generations thrive!
We believe in the boundless potential of young parents and our mission is to collaboratively build a village of support, by creating a network of meaningful connections to ideas, people, services, and resources.
Brave Mentors are based around Australia and operate online delivering our virtual program to teens parents who are isolated by geography or circumstance.
The Social Economic Empowerment Department (SEED) is powered by Brave Foundation, its learnings and experience. SEED is the pioneering and innovative division of Brave.
SEED has the bold aim of creating a pre-social services sector that ultimately see’s Australia lead the world in social economic empowerment for our citizens, through systemic change.
About the role
Brave Foundation has successfully secured funding from federal and state governments and important philanthropic partners and as a result is now in a strong position to further build the capability of the organisation with the appointment of a new Head of Strategic Alliances.
As Head of Strategic Alliances, you will lead all of Braves partnership activities including the design and implementation of an alliances framework to support continued growth and engagement with existing and new funders and partners.
This is very much a hands-on role suited to individuals who enjoy developing partnership strategies and taking them all the way through from concept to implementation and ongoing management.
The position is key to Brave achieving ongoing sustainability and extending the reach and impact of our critically important core program focused on supporting expecting and parenting young Australians.
You will work closing with the CEO and will lead Brave in identifying and pursuing prioritised partnerships and funding opportunities within the private, public and social sectors to enhance and expand program delivery and to secure new sources of funding.
Working as a member of the Senior Leadership team you will lead Brave’s impact and activity reporting to partners and funders.
This position will eventually lead a small Partnerships and Government Relations team and will work closely with cross functional partners internally to achieve the organisation’s Partnerships and Government Relations goals, aligned with Braves overall mission.
This position is full time (negotiable), fixed term contract. The Strategic Alliances will ideally based in Melbourne, Australia, however Brave is open to and supports flexible working arrangements.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work with the CEO to build Brave as a trusted partner of choice with a clear and compelling value proposition across key identified funding segments including Government, Philanthropic and Corporate
- Design and implement Braves strategic alliances strategy ensuring relationships with key government stakeholders, funding partners and delivery partners and thoughtfully considered and planned for in line with Braves strategic objectives
- Ensure Braves program reporting activities are planned for and managed in line with funders expectations and contractual commitments
- Identify and deliver strategically aligned funding opportunities across prioritised segments positioned for success.
- Identify and support the development of relationships with community delivery partners to extend the reach of Braves core program
- Build organisational capability through the establishment of a new Partnerships and Government relations team and function within Brave
- Lead a small team of specialist advisors in line with Braves mission and values
- Participate as a collaborative member of the Brave Leadership team and provide regular reporting on activities to the CEO and Brave Board
Key selection criteria
- Minimum three years of senior relationship management experience with demonstrated ability to achieve revenue KPI’s
- Demonstrated success in acquiring and stewarding partnerships with target segments including government, corporate partners, trusts and foundations
- Have established relationships and network in the Australian philanthropic, social impact and/or government sector
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing strategic business development plans. Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Strong ability to develop trust and manage relationships with multiple diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience in leading small teams
Benefits and perks
As a not for profit registered with the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission, Brave offers our employees attractive salary packaging. Additional benefits include 2 days of ‘wellbeing’ leave per year, a focus on professional development and access confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program.
Brave’s workplace culture encourages a healthy work life balance, allowing for flexible working hours and the ability to work partly from home depending on job requirements
There may be periodic meetings and events outside of ‘traditional’ business hours due to the time zone difference of staff and partners. There may also be some national travel required intermittently.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Strategic Alliances – Brave Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Education_and_Employment, #Indigenous, #LGBTIQ, #Mental_Health, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People