About the organisation
About the role
- Varied and challenging HR Officer role with career development opportunities
- Flexible hybrid working options with a blend of office (Fitzroy) and home working
- $75-85k + Super + generous salary packaging entitlements
This long standing, trusted not-for-profit has a mission to promote the safety and well-being of children and young people, ensuring they are free from harm or abuse. They provide young people and their families with support and services across mental health, alcohol and drug treatment and other youth support services.
They have sites across both metropolitan and rural Victoria, ensuring young people throughout the state have access to support.
You’d be joining a small but supportive and ambitious HR team, based in Fitzroy with flexible hybrid working offering. Reporting directly to the GM of HR you’ll be doing the following:
- Coordinating recruitment activities, including writing jobs ads, posting adverts, screening and interviewing candidates
- Undertaking onboarding activities for new starters, including pre-employment checks and contract preparation
- Providing support and advice to managers/team leaders, including around performance, probation, exits, etc.
- Advising on HR policies, procedures, providing advice and interpretation inline with relevant awards and EBA
- Supporting the HR BP’s and Payroll team in order to effectively deliver services as a team
- Attending and contributing to HR team meetings, events and learning opportunities
To be successful for this role you will need to:
- Have a qualification in HR or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Prior professional experience in an HR support role
- Have knowledge of contemporary HR practices, including employee lifecycle management, compliance and HR policies/procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to build effective working relationships and contribute to a positive team environment
- A valid and current drivers licence and a willingness to undergo a national police and working with children checks
You’ll be joining an organisation that is making a real difference in the lives of young people across Victoria everyday. It’s a small but supportive and collaborative team, with the opportunity to take on new challenges, plus the opportunity to further develop your skills and career.
On offer is a salary of $75,000-$85,000 plus super and generous salary packaging entitlements. They offer a hybrid office/working from home environment, with Fitzroy based offices close to public transport.
Johnson Recruitment actively embrace diversity in the workforce through inclusive community representation of gender, culture, thought, and work arrangements – your applications are encouraged.
If you have exceptional skills and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Justin Curreen-Harris from Johnson Recruitment on (03) 9946 7302.
How to apply
Please quote in application: HR Officer via Pro Bono Australia.