About the organisation
About the role
Intake and Booking Officer
- Working for BSL you will experience work that is rewarding and enables you to be at your best
- Join a team who are passionate about and valued for their important work
- Maximum term full-time position working 38 hours per week
- Work location is negotiable
- Total remuneration package between $71,086 to $76,216 per annum including superannuation.
- Full optional benefit of tax effective Not-for-profit salary packaging (details via AccessPay)
- 4 weeks of annual leave (plus 17.5% leave loading on top)
- Flexible working options with Rostered Days Off (RDO) available
- Support through our Employee Assistance Program
- A work environment that respects and actively supports diversity through provisions such as Cultural Leave and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ceremonial Leave
At BSL, our approach to working with people with disability emphasises empowerment, choice, community connection and individual strengths. We recognise the importance of family, friends, carers and community in providing opportunities for meaningful contribution and inclusion for people with disability.
BSL has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
We are passionate about the work we do and know that the people who make up our team are crucial to us delivering our services.
For 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
BSL is a partner organisation to the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). BSL delivers the NDIS across metropolitan Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, support to people with a disability to access and navigate the NDIS.
The Intake and Booking Officer will work within the Intake and Booking team, which is a centrally managed team with a critical role in ensuring smooth and efficient planning coordination. The Intake and Booking Officer is the first point of contact for people with disabilities and their families. This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently screening confidential records to ensure that all relevant participant, family, and carer information is correct, current and available progress to an appointment booking.
Is this you?
We seek applicants who have:
- proven experience in working at a contact centre, customer services or similar role.
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- demonstrated experience in providing professional and friendly customer service to the community.
- well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes.
- demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Officer Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook with ability to effectively use a range of office and customer support technologies.
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- demonstrated understanding of disability and the care and community sector.
- lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, carers and community.
- networks within CALD or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Join an organisation that recognises there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance. At BSL we endeavour to provide options to ensure all our staff feel supported, valued and able to achieve their career goals.
Sound like the right fit for you?
APPLY NOW or contact I-En Lim, NDIS Customer Services Manager at 0490 124 429 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: Sunday 10th July, 2022 at 11:55 pm
To review the Position Description and to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake and Booking Officer - Max Term Full time via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People