About the organisation
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote and support the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of our customers. Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers’ lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
About the role
- Ongoing full-time vacancy. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Sydney CBD or Parramatta. Flexible working options available.
- Clerk Grade: 9/10. Base salary $113,343 pa to $124,901 p.a. plus superannuation and annual leave loading.
About the team
NSW Trustee & Guardian can be appointed by a court or tribunal to manage a person’s finances and legal affairs if their decision-making ability is impaired due to disability, age, mental illness or injury. Our Estate Management teams deliver high-quality financial management services to customers through our Foundation team, Proactive Customer Management team and Customer Independence and Support team.
About the role
The Manager Practice & Strategy is responsible for coordinating and overseeing policies and procedures relating to financial management. Supporting the Estate Management division, you will identify gaps and propose solutions on how your team will deliver training, including identifying opportunities and partnerships. You will lead a dynamic team to ensure the successful delivery of key outcomes and project deliveries are in line with the division’s strategic needs.
For more information about the position, view the role description.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- be passionate about improving practice, developing staff, and leading teams to improve processes & policies which enable providing customer service excellence to some of the most vulnerable people in NSW;
- be an experienced leader who can inspire and drive teams to improve the Estate Management practices, protocols and policy;
- have extensive strategic & operational experience in a leadership role in an industry or environment that delivers services to older people, people with disability or who may be vulnerable;
- be a strong communicator who can confidently collaborate with a diverse range of customers, colleagues, and senior management; and
- have a good understanding of NSW Trustee and Guardian Act 2009 and the National Standards for Financial Managers.
Sound like you? Apply now!
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills for the delivery of services in a complex human services customer environment and sound strategic thinking capacity, management and administrative skills.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience in human services or related discipline.
- Understanding of NSW Trustee & Guardian’s key services and customer base including experience working and/or supporting people with disability, vulnerable or older people.
- Available to travel throughout NSW.
- Willingness to have phone calls and team email accounts monitored for quality assurance and training purposes, and to participate in one-to-one review sessions for calls and emails.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTQI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
- leave options including 14 weeks parental or adoption leave
- career development including study leave
- Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
- complete the online application
- submit a resume (maximum five pages) and brief cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining your skills, experience and suitability
- answer the following targeted questions (maximum two pages):
- Apply Now to be directed
- Please provide an example of how you build support for ideas and goals with people outside of your direct team, including how you influence their views.
- Please provide an example of when you discovered a gap in a policy. How have you changed and modified the policy, and ensured that the changes are implemented in practice?
Read: writing your job application for tips with the application process.
Applications close 11:59pm, Sunday 26 June 2022.
For role-related enquiries, please contact Linda Lulham, Senior Manager Proactive Customer Management on email@example.com.
For recruitment enquiries, please contact Karrie Gensler, Talent Advisor, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not send your applications directly via email or LinkedIn. Only applications submitted via the online portal will be accepted.
- If you wish to request an adjustment in the recruitment process or workplace, please inform us of your requirements in your cover letter.
- Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
- A talent pool may be created for future ongoing, temporary and part-time roles, and is valid for 18-months.
- All candidates applying for this role must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, have an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status and be able to provide acceptable proof. Further information about vaccination requirements will be provided to successful candidates and is also available via email request to email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Manager Practice & Strategy via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Government