About the organisation
About the employer…
Our client is a a community-based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. Having been established in the area for over 35 years, the offer a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services.
About the role
Have you got a background in service delivery?
Do you have a passion for women’s services?
Are you looking for somewhere you can make a difference?
Then this might be the job for you…
About the Opportunity…
Reporting to the Executive Officer, this role supports the implementation of the strategic plan and outcomes and provides day-to-day supervision of a small team of staff in three key programs:
- Staying Home Leaving Violence
- Specialist Casework
The role is Permanent Full Time role at 35 hours per week working Monday – Friday. Salary is classified at level 6 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based primarily in Mt Druitt but some travel in the Blacktown LGA may be necessary.
The successful applicant will be a person with excellent leadership skills, outstanding communication and staff management skills.
A solid background and understanding of the accountabilities of child protection, domestic violence as well as trauma informed case management and therapeutic intervention is essential for this role.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. social work, community development, public policy, management) or significant relevant experience in the social welfare/health sectors
- Personal and professional commitment to the Vision and values and working within a feminist framework
- Solid background and strong understanding of trauma informed work with women and issues in relation to domestic violence, child protection, mental health, wellbeing and socio-economic vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, people management and coaching skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team for the organisation
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and nurture partnerships with a range of stakeholders, including community groups, service provider organisations, business and the private sector, and government departments
- Superior time management and workload organisation skills
- Experience in use of evaluation strategies and tools
- Proven problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues, risks and opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills and capacity to engage others
- Computer and internet skills
Please note, this workplace has committed to keeping their staff and vulnerable clients safe so have a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees in place so the person in this role would be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
How to apply
You can find an Information Pack (including the Full Job Description) via www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or call us on (02) 4555 4634.
To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter (either written or video) that tells us:
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- The skills and experience you have in trauma informed work with women that will make you successful in this role.
- How feminism informs your approach to working with vulnerable women, as well as leadership.
- What you see as the role of this organisation in responding to the needs of women in the local community?
- What your approach to change management is – tell us one strategy you would use stepping into a leadership role like this of a new team.
- What you see as the difference between managing an organisation and leading an organisation – and what are you best at?
Closing date: COB (5pm) Wednesday 6 July 2022
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of an NSW Working with Children Check and undergo a Police Check.
Please quote in application: Manager, Services via Pro Bono Australia.