About the organisation
About the role
Tenants Victoria is one of Victoria’s leading specialist community legal centres. Promoting and protecting the rights of Victorian tenants, we are respected and influential advocates for social change, working to improve conditions for all tenants. Tenants Victoria believe that safe, secure, affordable and appropriate housing is a fundamental human right. Through their advice line, legal casework, law reform work, training and publications activities Tenants Victoria supports individual tenants and community organisations, whilst campaigning to effect legislative, policy and procedural change.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible hybrid working options
- Salary benefits include leave loading and salary packaging
- Additional annual leave over Christmas/Easter and access to Employee Assistance Program
- Values based culture, passionate team, close to public transport
This newly created role reports into and works collaboratively with the Director of Clients Services to meet the organisations current transformation and transition growth objectives, through building improved responsiveness to client needs and redesigning service initiatives. You will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of six specialist tenancy lawyers, who provide renters in Victoria with high quality, client focused and innovative legal assistance. Additionally, you will:
- Foster a positive and collegial team culture through leadership and support
- In conjunction with the Director of Clients Services establish and implement a client centric framework
- Identify, collect and analyse data providing insight to develop strategic direction and ongoing service review
You have demonstrated experience in leading a dynamic team of professionals within a similar social change style organisation from within a not for profit, government or private sector however candidates outside of these industries are encouraged to apply.
A strong sense of commitment to social justice will be highly regarded. With a proactive and positive approach, you will have the ability to nurture a high performing team, whilst driving improvements and influencing change.
Specific skills, experience and qualifications required include:
- Experienced within legal service delivery
- Ability to manage legal practice risk and provide relevant guidance to the team
- Demonstrated experience in change management and projects
- Qualified legal practitioner holding or eligible to hold a current unrestricted principal Victorian Practicing Certificate
If you are motivated to achieve lasting social change, reduce homelessness and support tenants throughout Victoria, then please apply by submitting a cover letter addressing the skills required or contact Gemma Schade on 03 8080 8977.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Managing Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights