About the organisation
Volunteering Australia (VA) is the national peak body for volunteering working to advance volunteering in the Australian community. Our mission is to lead, strengthen, promote and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
About the role
Volunteering Australia is looking for a National Conference Coordinator to take the lead on planning, curating and executing the next National Volunteering Conference, which is scheduled for February 2023 in Canberra.
The National Volunteering Conference provides a platform for not-for-profit and corporate leaders, government representatives, academics, volunteer management professionals, and volunteers to come together to address emerging issues of high priority. Until the cancellation of the 2020 National Volunteering Conference due to COVID-19 restrictions, the volunteering ecosystem came together biennially, and the Conference served as a key enabler for building strong, resilient, and cohesive communities.
This is a great opportunity to work for the national peak body for volunteering. Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa that allows permanent work in Australia in order to apply for this position.
Ideally the National Conference Coordinator will be based in Canberra, however applicants outside the Canberra region will be considered.
Hours of work: 22.8 hours per week (3 days)
Contract period: Fixed term starting ASAP until end of February 2023
- Great opportunity to work with a highly influential national peak body
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging options
- Family friendly workplace and flexible hours
- Manage the development, production, and coordination of the National Volunteering Conference
- Oversee the development of delivery and funding partnerships
- Liaise with speakers and conference participants, as required
- Manage supplier relationships, sourcing new suppliers and venues and negotiating quotes
- Manage all event logistics; planning, delivery and debrief
- Creation, proofing, and printing of all collateral for events
- Assist with event stock, including ordering, packing & auditing
- Fulfil other duties as required by management
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Previous experience in an Events Coordinator role
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to build strong, productive relationships with a range of partners
- Sound financial skills and knowledge about event management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Professionalism at all times through personal presentation and interpersonal skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong administration skills and high-level knowledge of Microsoft Office
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Conference Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.