About the organisation
When it comes to our environment, the Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) has been leading the way in protecting our living world for over half a century. They are the national environment organisation committed to caring for Australia’s unique and beautiful wildlife and natural world. They’re inclusive, non-partisan and funded by the Australian community.
Whether it’s advocating for the Great Barrier Reef, koalas snoozing in big old trees or for strong climate action, their dedicated community of over 700,000 supporters are constantly working to create a world where forests, rivers, people, and wildlife thrive. With the planet in a climate and extinction crisis, ACF are embarking on an ambitious campaign to double annual fundraising revenue over the next 5 years to ensure they can have maximum impact during this critical decade.
About the role
- Australia’s national environment organisation
- Join an ambitious & innovative team
- Inner Melbourne (Wurundjeri Country)
- Genuinely flexible working conditions
Reporting to the Senior Philanthropy Executive, the Philanthropy Executive will be part of a team helping to deliver this bold goal and is responsible for identifying and acquiring new major donors as well as stewarding and upgrading the current portfolio.
The Philanthropy Executive will create and enhance the development of relationships with ACF’s major donors in Victoria, as well as Tasmania, South Australia, and Western Australia. The role will focus on increasing major gift income across this portfolio by identifying, cultivating and soliciting donations from a constituent base of individuals, trusts and foundations and a growing number of corporates. This income enables ACF’s important advocacy work to reduce climate damage and protect nature.
- As someone with experience and success in major gift fundraising, you have highly developed interpersonal skills and know what it takes to build trusting relationships, bring people along and personally solicit and secure five figure transformational and multi-year gifts.
- You’re self-motivated, goal-driven and can demonstrate high levels of initiative, autonomy, and accountability
- You understand that confidentiality and integrity are paramount, along with ensuring all your interactions as are professional and respectful.
- Well-honed written communication and storytelling skills, including the ability to write high quality persuasive cases for support/proposals.
- A desire to work within an ambitious and innovative team who are passionate about doubling funding for ACF’s mission and vision.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, CFRE or membership of the Fundraising Institute of Australia is preferred.
ACF is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. They actively encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from CALD backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability and others who have diverse experiences of our world to apply for this opportunity.
How to apply
APPLY NOW if you are an engaging and inspiring fundraiser who loves nature, is driven to succeed and
dedicated to making the world a better place.
Gembridge is proud to partner with ACF.
For a confidential discussion, contact Jenni D’Orival or Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: PHILANTHROPY EXECUTIVE via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Conservation_and_Environment