About the organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing, and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral, and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong, and Ringwood.
About the role
- Fixed-Term position until June 2023
- 4 EFT (0.6 negotiable)
- Brunswick location – close to public transport and free onsite parking
The Ucan2 Program facilitates and supports the social inclusion of newly arrived young people of refugee background aged 16 to 25 years, with disrupted education.
Ucan2 is a 16 week program currently established in English Language Schools and Centres, Adult Multicultural Education Programs (AMEP), TAFE EAL programs and secondary school contexts. It includes a group work program, that is supported by opportunities for young people to participate in mentoring, work experience and casual work programs with our corporate partners.
For more information about at the program click here: http://www.foundationhouse.org.au/ucan2/
This is a unique position that combines administrative support, data collection and hands on engagement with the mentoring, work experience and casual employment components of the Ucan2 that are delivered across metropolitan Melbourne. This brings opportunities to work closely with Ucan2 participants and build and maintain relationships with our corporate business partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationships with Ucan2 participants, mentors, employers and other key stakeholders to the program.
- Implement the work experience component of the program
- Support the delivery of the mentoring program for participants and with business partners
- Support the Christmas casual recruitment program and other recruitment
- Provide administrative and data collection support for the Business Partnerships Team
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $79,811 gross per annum pro rata, plus 17.5% leave loading and superannuation (in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992). Additional benefits include salary packaging up to $18,550, a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and onsite parking.
Conditional employment requirements
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Occasional travel to head office
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the health orders from the Victorian Minister for Health, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Order 2022, Foundation House must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, including the third vaccination. If you are successful in gaining employment with Foundation House you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination for work at our sites.
How to apply
Applications for these positions closes 5:00 PM Tuesday 5 July 2022
Applicants must submit their resume and address the key selection criteria (KSC) contained in the Position Description.
Please ensure you submit your KSC as part of your cover letter as you can only upload two documents.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Anne Clifford Business Partnerships Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation House is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and actively plays a part in combating family violence; this is reflected in our organisational policies, protocols and staff development.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer and we foster a work environment that is inclusive and diverse. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, particularly those of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive impartial consideration for employment.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Business Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Education_and_Employment, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People