About the organisation
About the Organisation
Carers Australia is the national peak body representing Australia’s unpaid carers, advocating on their behalf to influence policies and services at a national level.
Our vision is an Australia that values and supports the contribution that carers make both to the people they care for and to the community as a whole.
About the role
Location: Turner (Canberra), ACT
Employment Status: Full-time or near to full time
- Join a well-established and respected national peak body committed to enhancing the health, wellbeing, resilience and financial security of Carers
- Competitive salary range of $85,000 – $90,000 PLUS super PLUS full salary packaging options
- Supportive working environment
About the Role
Carers Australia has an opportunity for a passionate Projects & Policy Officer (Employment & Education) to join their team in Canberra, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the National Director, Policy & Strategy, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the design, implementation and reporting of programs in accordance with the organisation’s strategic direction and contractual responsibilities
- Researching, drafting and providing input into the organisation’s submissions and other policy processes, and
- Engaging in a range of program, policy and advocacy issues.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and sound experience in project management, design and delivery, and experience in policy research, development and writing
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly gain an understanding of, national and jurisdictional education, training and employment systems, policies and programs affecting carers
- Proven track record of collaborative practice and effective internal and external stakeholder engagement and management
- Ability to communicate with influence, including well-developed written and verbal communication and consultation skills, and able to use a variety of communication channels to share information, engage and interact with diverse audiences
- Able to report in a concise manner with high attention to detail
- Highly organised skills, ability to manage competing priorities to deliver individual, team and organisational results within agreed timeframes and with minimal supervision, or as part of a small collaborative team.
Ideally, you will also have experience in not for profit and/or member organisations, previous experience designing and/or implementing programs for carers and using data analysis products and tools, and specialised policy knowledge in education, employment, industrial relations, health, aged care, social security or law.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary circa $85,000 – $90,000, plus super, plus salary packaging options.
For further information about the position please contact Katie Shoemark, National Director, Programs & Operations, Carers Australia on (02) 6122 9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace.
How to apply
To apply please email a copy of your current resume and a written statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the attached position description to email@example.com. Your application should be received no later than 5:00 pm (AEST), Wednesday 6 July 2022. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please quote in application: Projects & Policy Officer (Employment & Education) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services