The Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility focused on predicting, preventing and treating cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other related health conditions. They have a long and distinguished history, spanning more than 95 years, with their work critical to today’s healthcare challenges.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager, Community and Corporate Relations, the Relationship Manager, Corporate Partnerships will identify, lead and service corporate partnerships ensuring partners’ needs are met and their social goals achieved whilst realising the full potential for revenue, increasing brand awareness, and accessing expertise to support the goals of the Baker Institute.
You will build a diverse partnership portfolio and develop long-term alignment with corporate partners, driving the corporate partnerships program through research and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to develop funding opportunities that will build successful and sustainable partnerships. In addition to nurturing and stewarding current partners, you will support in the acquisition of new corporate partners through prospect identification, cultivation, developing and presenting proposals, relationship building and driving engagement strategies to generate income. Implementing meaningful recognition strategies and looking for opportunities to connect and integrate corporate partners into the Baker Institute will be instrumental to securing philanthropic support, sponsorship and mutually beneficially partners.
- Proven success in acquiring and stewarding corporate partners, aligning values, and generating a sustainable pipeline of support, both financial and in-kind.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in copywriting, creating compelling presentations, reports and other types of communication and marketing collateral to engage new and existing corporate partners.
- High level interpersonal skills to liaise across various levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to develop and present pitches to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to plan, analyse and monitor activities and budgets.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines without compromising attention to detail.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office and experience with Supporter360 (or similar database) highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in business/management, marketing, fundraising (or a related field) and/or relevant work experience in fundraising or corporate partnerships within a not-for-profit setting.
This is a full-time role with an initial 2-year contract (with opportunity to be extended).
Working at the Baker Institute offers flexibility, professional development, and the opportunity to contribute to a research centre of world renown. Benefits include generous salary packaging, an employee assistance program, and an active social club as well as modern offices and laboratories adjacent to the Alfred Hospital and walking distance to St Kilda Road, Chapel Street, and Fawkner Park.
APPLY NOW if you are motivated, committed and passionate Relationship Manager with the desire to grow the Baker Institute’s Corporate Partnership Program and support the fight against heart disease and diabetes.
Gembridge is partnering with The Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Jenni D’Orival or Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org