About the organisation
Your new employer…
Our client, Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre (BWGHC), is a feminist, non for profit charity meeting the needs of excellent health and wellbeing initiatives for women and girls and envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. BWGHC work towards this by providing counselling, information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services to clients.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 30 years as one of 21 Women’s Health Centre’s across NSW. Over this time, the BWGHC has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including women only Doctor and Nurse Clinics, Early Childhood Clinics, Legal Services, Drug and Alcohol support and advice, Counselling (Generalist and Domestic Violence), Case Work, Group Work and Information Services and auspice the North West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre via www.womensandgirls.org.au
About the Program…
The aim of the North West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (NWSWDVCAS) program is to provide women experiencing domestic and family violence with threat assessment and safety planning, case coordination, information and Court Advocacy for clients in obtaining legal protection through an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order and provide liaison and secretariat support for Safety Action Meetings (SAMs). NWSWDVCAS also work in cooperation with other services at BWGHC.
About the role
Do you have experience working in the field of domestic and family violence?
Do you have a passion for women’s services and seeing the impact you can make in the community?
Are you someone who enjoys being organised?
Then this job may be for you…
About the Opportunity…
Reporting to the NWSWDVCAS Manager, this role coordinates and manages the Safety Action Meetings (SAMs) in the WDVCAS area including secretariat support (developing SAM agendas, recording Safety Action Plans etc.).
The role is Full Time at 35 hours per week in total. Salary for the role is classified at level 5 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Blacktown with some travel throughout the Blacktown LGA necessary occasionally.
The successful applicant will be a passionate woman with a solid background in working with women and children experiencing domestic violence. You will naturally organised and a great communicator. You will also have a good knowledge of the criminal justice response to domestic & family violence.
A strong understanding of the WDVCAS program will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field such as Social Work/Community Services/Counselling
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role (i.e. working with women in domestic/family violence specialist service/role)
- Personal and professional commitment to working within Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre’s mission, values and feminist framework
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in negotiation, advocacy and conflict resolution;
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities and legal and social welfare consequences of domestic and family violence;
- Knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice response to domestic and family violence including AVO applications and criminal prosecutions and related legal matters such as family law, care and protection, migration and victim’s compensation issues;
- Ability to deliver services in accordance with the WDVCAP model of service delivery outlined in the WDVCAP Service Agreement, this Policy and Procedure Manual, the SAM Manual and operational documents;
- Knowledge of the domestic and family violence service system in NSW
- Ability to provide clearance of an NSW Working With Children check (or willingness to obtain)
- Ability to successfully complete the criminal background check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Driver’s Licence (desirable)
Being a woman is considered a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
How to apply
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Wednesday 6 July 2022
Please quote in application: Safety Action Meeting Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.