About the organisation
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Officer to join our growing Engagement and Innovation team, to support delivery of funded and fee-for-service projects. No two days will be the same, as you utilise your strong project management, interpersonal planning and evaluation skills to contribute to projects focused on creating meaningful social change that makes a real difference to people.
Competitive remuneration, plus salary packaging benefit, is offered together with ongoing professional and career development.
About the program
The Centre for Just Places was established by Jesuit Social Services with support from the Victorian Government and Gandel Foundation, to enable and support place-based approaches nationally through research, collaboration, engagement and knowledge exchange.
The Centre aims to:
- Demonstrate leadership in research and advocacy on place-based inequities and injustice
- Focus on addressing the root causes of social, economic and environmental inequity and injustice
- Promote a social and ecological justice lens in place-based research and action, and
- Collaborate and partner with communities and cross-sectoral stakeholders to support and enable effective place-based approaches.
The Centre for Just Places will:
- Function as an ongoing dedicated resource for research into locational disadvantage (e.g. Dropping Off the Edge) into the future. It will undertake new interdisciplinary research bringing together data and concepts across community development, social services, health, environmental science, urban and social planning, and innovation.
- Undertake action research with vulnerable communities to design, test and evaluate their place-based projects and programs.
- Maintain a freely available national repository of place-based research, including case studies, papers and articles across multiple sectors.
- Advocate for impactful place-based approaches to solve locational disadvantage, including building capacity of individuals, organisations and communities to campaign on solutions
- Empower local communities and the organisations that work within them to understand and solve their own problems through access to and development of effective community capacity building techniques, including the provision of local data, case studies, evaluated tools (governance, community engagement, design), and purpose built resources in an accessible online platform.
- Build collaborative partnerships across sectors to ensure that effective design, planning and community engagement take place
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience.
Key selection criteria:
- Project management experience, preferably with place-based projects involving multiple stakeholders working together on complex social change issues.
- Demonstrated skill engaging diverse populations, including people with lived experience of social, health and justice systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes and frameworks for measurement, evaluation and learning.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience facilitating groups.
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
Jesuit Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, age, gender, sexuality, disability or religious affiliation.
Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer, Engagement and Innovation, CJP via Pro Bono Australia.