About the organisation
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote, and support the rights, dignity, choices, and wishes of our customers. Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers' lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
About the role
We are looking for keen and motivated Senior Wills and Estate Planning Consultants to join the team and help make a difference to our customers.
- We have multiple ongoing full-time roles. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Based at any of our existing regional locations (Wollongong, Bathurst, Wagga Wagga, Port Macquarie, Lismore, Newcastle), Parramatta or Sydney. Other regional locations will also be considered. Flexible working options are available
- Clerk Grade 5/6, Salary ($87,493 – $96,540), plus super and annual leave loading.
About the team
The Estate Planning and Administration division provides trustee services including Wills and estate planning, estate administration, trusts and power of attorney services.
The Wills and Estate Planning team provides a full accredited Will preparation service, writing more than 13,000 Wills, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents each year, helping customers to plan ahead, and document their last wishes.
About the role
The Wills and Estates Consultant role is an exciting opportunity to work directly with customers. This role independently manages a customer portfolio ensuring the accurate reflection of estate planning documents such as Powers of Attorney and Wills. The role provides expert and legislatively compliant advice that accurately reflects our customer’s wishes.
This role is key in providing insightful, personalised, and innovative Will & Estate Planning advice and services to our customers.
For more information about the position, view the role description
Application is encouraged if:
- You believe that supporting customers to document their last wishes is a privilege that needs to be carried out with warmth, support understanding, and the utmost respect.
- You see building strong relationships and being a trusted advisor as essential in providing peace of mind to customers that their instructions on the disbursement of their Estate will be fulfilled.
- You have a keen interest in social outcomes, justice and advocating for people, and can demonstrate high levels of empathy and emotional intelligence.
Sound like you? Apply now!
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience in a relevant discipline or industry, such as legal, finance, professional services, and/or government.
- Willingness to obtain accreditation in Will making, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents.
- Current driver licence and ability to travel across NSW as required.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and able to provide acceptable proof.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- Work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
- leave options including 14 weeks’ parental or adoption leave
- career development
- Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Wills and Estate Planning Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Government, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights